Wednesday, August 25, 2004

How is this possible?

Of all the possible issues out there, how on earth is it possible that Bush is getting traction on service in Vietnam? OK, I understand Kerry made it a big focus during the convention so the topic is fair game, but I'm still flabbergasted that Bush--who, at a minimum, used his family connections to get into the National Guard and quite likely never even completed his service--is able to get away with it. (Oh, that's right, they're entirely on their own and not working with the Bush-Cheney team at all, not one bit, nosirree.) It's no great secret that I would love to see Dubya sent back to the ranch in November, but I haven't exactly been blown away by Kerry either--he certainly has vulnerabilities. You'd just think that of all the issues they could use to legitimately go after Kerry, the one where they'd be at the biggest disadvantage would be their comparative military service. But now the whole question of what happened 40 years ago seems to be dominating the news cycle. Iraq? The economy? Oil prices? Health care? Hello? Unbelieveable.

[OK, I'm done ranting--no more politics for a little while. I seem to be coming down with a cold so I'm extra cranky this afternoon...]