Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It's not Rabieng, but...

I just had my first experience eating Asian food in Basel, and it was actually surprisingly good! I had heard some of the women at book club talking the other night about this place called Lilly's, and considering they had pretty good things to say about it I thought I'd try it out. It certainly wasn't as good (or as cheap) as restaurants in the US, but I'll take it! I had Pad Si Yu and a Coca-Cola Light for 22 CHF (that's about $18). We miss eating good Asian food SO much, and we can't always count on a trip to Asia (or London) to fill our cravings. Perhaps the most exciting thing is that they have a take-out menu! And for those of you who didn't catch the reference, Rabieng is one of our favorite Thai restaurants in DC (although it's actually in Virginia).