Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Things to look forward to

Tomorrow I am visiting Guy for the first time. Guy is the guy who cuts Kirk's hair, and now he's going to cut mine as well. When Kirk had his first appointment with Guy several months ago, Guy told Kirk "you need more shape", so he gave Kirk a bit of a new style. I'm hoping he can make some similar "shape" suggestions for me. After my haircut, I am going out with some of Kirk's colleagues for Raclette. Raclette is a very traditional Swiss meal served in the fall and winter, and I have been waiting to try it. From what I can tell, it's melted cheese served over little things like potatoes, pickles, and onions. I've actually been wanting to buy a raclette maker, but am very overwhelmed by the selection at local stores, especially considering I don't really know what I'm looking for. Hopefully the woman who is hosting us for raclette can offer some suggestions on what I should buy. Too bad Kirk will miss it... he's been busy eating hummus and shish taouk in Beirut.