Thursday, October 07, 2004

The verdict is in

For those of you waiting for a report on the raclette, the verdict is in. Raclette rocks! Besides just generally having an overall good time last night with good company and good wine, I really enjoyed the whole raclette experience. How can I describe it...Everything is cooked at the table on a raclette grill. In a way, it's like fondue (or Korean BBQ) in that there are lots of plates on the table with meat, veggies, etc that you cook for yourself on the raclette grill. The pieces of raclette cheese fit into these little cheese trays that you put on the lower rack of the raclette grill so that they melt under what is sort of like a broiler. After cooking the meat and veggies, you scrape the melted cheese onto your plate (on top of the meat, veggies, and little boiled potatoes). It is lots of fun, and I plan to buy my own raclette grill very soon. We'll need to have it in time for our first visitors from the States who arrive next week! As for the verdict on my new hairstyle, I'm still not sure. We'll see what Kirk has to say when he returns home from Beirut today.