Thursday, February 24, 2005

Complete chaos

I'm guessing that this is a good way to describe the streets of Washington, DC right now. I see that the city is under a winter storm warning with the threat of-- brace yourself-- 4 to 8 inches! We lived through enough "winter storms" in Washington to know that sending the federal government home 2 hours early is a sure way to produce complete chaos on every road in the metropolitan area (this is because just about every other company and/or organization in the city follows the federal government leave policy). Having grown up in a northern, snowy state like Wisconsin I always had a good laugh at how panicked people in DC get at even the slightest mention of snow. I'm sure by now all the grocery stores are out of toilet paper, milk, and bread. So tell me, those of you in DC, are you home on a snow day?