Monday, April 25, 2005

My new show

As I've mentioned several times before, we have very limited options for watching TV in English. Unlike so many of the other expats living in Basel, we don't have SKY TV or satellite or whatever it is that allows everybody else to watch BBC and presumably other cool stuff. Other than CNN, MTV is just about my only option because they like to show old episodes of bad reality TV. They're not showing Real World anymore, but now I'm getting sucked into a new show called Making the Band. I just went on the MTV website and discovered that they're already on season 3 in the US. I think I'm watching the first season here in Basel. Don't ask me why I like watching it, but I find it very entertaining. I especially like reading the German subtitles to try and figure out how they translate P. Diddy and his pals. Unfortunately I missed it this afternoon because I was at the gym, and unfortunately I instead watched two other really awful MTV shows which come on just after Making the Band-- Room Raiders and Dismissed. I must be desparate.