Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Here we go again

Since we're trying to make the most of our time here, tomorrow we leave for another weekend away, this time to Copenhagen (which, despite quitting almost 10 years ago, makes me want to try dip again, even though the tobacco has nothing to do with the city and would make me sick as a dog, so never mind). Anyway, it should be fun but because of work I've had no time to do any research so I really know nothing about it--I guess there's Tivoli and the Little Mermaid and all that, but we're pretty much flying blind this time around.

Reading The Big Finn's rant about steep fares in Switzerland reminded me that we booked our tickets using miles. So I sort of thought that the tickets would be, you know...free, more or less (I know there are always little nagging charges when you use miles). In our case I think we had to pay at least 75 francs each for the privilege of our "free" tickets. Still a good deal, mind you, compared to the normal summer fares, but when you add in a round-trip train to Zurich, all of a sudden what was intended to be a dirt cheap weekend isn't looking so cheap anymore...

So anyway, Copenhagen. Maybe I'll get in touch with my Nordic roots and get motivated to plan a fall trip to Norway.