Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday cow blogging

Gretchen believes that all cows--including bulls--are dairy cows. It helps the steak go down easier that way. Anyway, one of the striking things about the countryside in Burgundy was how many huge white Charolais cows there were (all dairy, of course...their udders just happened to be "innies"). It was such a change from our doe-eyed, bell-wearing, brown Swiss cows. I still prefer our Swiss cows, of course, but the variety was a nice touch. (Someday when I return to the States and people ask about living in Europe, I'll be able to say I became something of a cow connoisseur.) Anyway, I'm not sure how this will come out on the blog but Gretchen was out for a walk and got a picture of a little baby (dairy) cow in the early-morning mist near the chateau:



And in a non-cow-related item, the chateau had a basset hound named Nefertiti, and a basset hound is always good for a smile: