Monday, January 16, 2006

¡Que bueno!

We're at the point where we've realised Gretchen's traveling days are finite (for the next 18 years?), so she's going to accompany me on a couple of upcoming business trips. Tomorrow morning we're off to Madrid, where I have a meeting and she will...actually, I have no idea what she'll do, but I'm sure it will be fun, whatever it is. We'll also have a chance to get together with our Madrileño amigos Beatriz and Julio, who it turns out are expecting a baby at almost the same time as us. We were in Madrid a little over a year ago and loved it. Plus, although I'm not even close to fluent in Spanish--especially the rapid-fire Castilian spoken in Madrid, which is quite different from the basic Mexican Spanish I learned in SoCal--I know at least enough to get by, so it will be nice to not be dependent on Gretchen's linguistic skills.