Thursday, April 06, 2006

The talk of the town

If blogs are any indication of the current gossip, then certainly yesterday's freak snow storm is truly the talk of Switzerland! I can say this quite confidently because I think every expat-in-Switzerland blog that I know of wrote about the crazy April weather we experienced yesterday. Thanks to two of our fellow expat blogger's entries about the snow (The Big Finn and Ms Mac), I learned a new German (or should I say Swiss?) expression about the obviously unpredictable weather during the month of April. I thought it was ironic that both of them wrote about it, and imagine my surprise when I read the same expression in the Baslerstab (a free, local newspaper): April macht, was er will! This translates loosely to "April does what it wants". True, true.

Today was still quite cool, but the sun has been shining most of the day (and the snow has all melted), giving me reason to believe once again that spring is just around the corner...