Thursday, June 15, 2006

Photo op

Two pictures that are worthy of attention:

(1) I normally don't find male nudity particularly amusing, but for some reason this picture on The Big Finn's blog cracked me up (you really have to click on the picture to expand it to get the full effect). I'm not sure what I find more disturbing--the discomfort of lying down naked on rocks or the thought of how badly sunburned my Nordic body would be under similar circumstances.

(2) This is a bit old but I've been meaning to link to it for a while--local bloggers Rebecca and Marco captured just how seriously cleanliness can be taken here. (The odd thing, though, is that despite most areas being tidy, the Swiss seem to think nothing of graffiti. You can be walking down a charming old street and see graffiti scrawled on half of the walls and no one paints over it. Odd.)