Monday, July 31, 2006

Uncle Miltie

Tomorrow is Bundesfeiertag (Swiss National Day...sort of like our 4th of July), which means: (a) a day off work tomorrow, although I was so bitter to discover lots of folks had today off despite it being a normal work day for me that I rebelled and didn't wear a tie...I'm out of control!; (b) wearing red and white is de rigeur; and (c) it's time to give Grady sedatives for his Feuerwerkangst (fear of fireworks). We've never done that before, but we heard it's not uncommon here so we called the vet and, sure enough, he hooked us up with a batch of poochie downers. Best of all, when I looked up the drug online (Gretchen was a bit nervous before giving it to him the first time), I learned that his sedative actually has a street name: "Uncle Miltie". For some reason I find it more amusing than I can possibly say that I'm giving my dog something with a street name, let alone something called an Uncle Miltie.