Thursday, December 16, 2004

No TV

Yes, it's true, our TV is broken. Actually, the TV itself isn't broken (which is good considering we just bought it in the spring), but it appears that there's a problem with the satellite hookup. We just get a blank, blue screen and lots of loud static. It's been this way ever since Kirk got back from DC. After explaining the problem to our landlord (who is also our upstairs neighbor), she talked to the man at the satellite company who suggested I try "manipulating" or "controlling" the outlet where the cord connects to the wall. I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but those were the English words our landlord came up with to describe his "proposal". Considering I had already tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything attached to the TV, we now have an appointment with the satellite man tomorrow afternoon. I know I often complain about the lack of English programming on our TV, but I actually kind of miss it. Right before I left for DC, MTV started showing old episodes of Real World: Back to New York. I always liked that season.