Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Can it be true?

I'm looking out my window and seeing something new and interesting: the sun. Since getting back from Italy, I think we've had one day of sun--otherwise nothing but rain and cold. (I recently heard one of my favorite old Crowded House songs, where the chorus is "Everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you", which seemed fitting since it was raining when we left Basel, raining in Italy, and raining ever since we got back to Basel.) In truth, I shouldn't have much reason to complain--after all, I pretty much sit inside at my desk 12 hours a day and, if anything, am more productive when it's raining because there's no temptation to go for a walk or gaze longingly outside. But I have to say, there's something vaguely depressing about rain for days on end. (Of course as I finish typing this, the dark clouds have moved over again...)