Friday, June 03, 2005

Living the good life

My day so far has gone something like this. Go to pilates class at the sports club. (I'm skipping all the early morning stuff like walk Grady, eat breakfast, read some newspapers online, etc). Have lunch with ladies from my pilates class. Set up lounge chair next to the pool, change clothes, go for a swim, then lounge by the pool. At one point, I was SMSing with Kirk and asking how late he would be up because I was still at the pool and could I call him when I got home (Hong Kong is 6 hours ahead of Basel). Then he SMSed me back and said he was still out at a Thai restaurant. So I'm sitting by the pool at the sports club, Kirk is eating Thai food in Hong Kong now that his meetings there are over, and I have to say it feels like a pretty good life. Of course I'd prefer that Kirk and I were not separated by thousands of miles for 12 days, but nonetheless, I can't complain.