Saturday, June 04, 2005

A rainy weekend

I had grand ideas for my living-as-a-bachelorette weekend, all of which may have been foiled because it's raining, and it looks to rain all weekend. I guess I really can't complain, because it was sunny and beautiful most of the week so I got to enjoy some great weather. I do feel bad for all those who work considering it seems rain a lot on weekends. Anyway, I had thought about going to Freiburg (Germany) today because they have a beautiful market and I haven't been up there in several months. My idea for tomorrow was to go towards the Alps and go for a hike. But now it looks like I may spend most of the weekend around the house, doing fun stuff like getting caught up on laundry, and finally bringing the rest of my summer clothes up from the basement. Hopefully, there will be a few breaks in the rain so that I can plant all the flowers I bought this week. Thanks to The Big Finn, who took me to Schmitt's in Lörrach on Thursday, I have finally found a beautiful garden center where I can buy lots of pretty flowers. I had bought some earlier this spring at OBI, and they were fine, but OBI is more like Home Depot and Schmitt's is more like Merrifield. Washingtonians should know what I mean.