Thursday, July 21, 2005

Really bad music

Most mornings I like to watch CNN while I eat my breakfast, but during commercials (or really boring stories) I flip over to watch videos on MTV. When I say MTV, I mean it generically because we actually have 4 music video channels which means I can usually find at least one of them playing videos. I was reminded this morning of the two worst songs that are popular here right now, both of which are getting way too much play on MTV and both of which should be banned from all radio and TV because I can't stand them. "Lonely" by Akon (which also happens to be one of the top selling ringtones for cell phones in Europe right now) and "La Tortura" by Shakira. Don't know if they're popular in the US too, but hopefully I can escape from hearing them when I leave for Wisconsin next week. They are the most annoying songs ever!