Sunday, February 12, 2006

Super Bowl Saturday

I realize that the Super Bowl was last week, and that it's usually called "Super Bowl Sunday" (not Saturday). But yesterday, we celebrated Super Bowl Saturday in Basel. We were invited to a Super Bowl party by some friends who had taped the game last Monday morning from an Austrian TV channel that shows it live. We, as you can imagine, don't get that channel on our landlord's lame German satellite. I really didn't care about the game, especially since we all knew how it ended. In fact, I really haven't followed football at all this season. I think I'm in denial about my beloved Brett Favre's dreadfall season so I've ignored the entire NFL. But regardles, it was fun to see a little bit of Americana! Especially some of the fun commercials. Kirk and I had planned to just "stop by", because we were going to go out on a date and have a nice dinner last night (a welcome break from all of his work and travel), but instead we ended up eating the spread of American party food with our friends, including homemade Mac and Cheese, chicken wings (both teriyaki and buffalo), and 7-layer dip! I haven't had that in years!