Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I may never leave Cairo

It's not just that this is a fascinating city--which it is--but perhaps more importantly, not only was I able to watch the Super Bowl the other day, but today when my meeting ended I was able to watch a rerun of the second half of the big Duke-UNC game (Duke barely held on for the win). And let me add that there is something amazing about the Four Seasons Hotel: despite about 90% of the people here apparently being smokers, if you walk into a room 2 minutes after everyone has stopped smoking, the smell is already gone. I'm not sure what sort of technology they've deployed to achieve this effect, but whoever is responsible deserves a medal or a knighthood or a Nobel Prize of some sort...

(But seriously, as much as I'm glad I had the opportunity to see a bit of Cairo, I'm SO ready to go home and I don't think I could ever live here.)