Monday, May 22, 2006

Berlin bound

After an extended travel drought (I just can't count a night in Frankfurt), I leave in a few hours for one of my most favorite cities: Berlin. At least it was one of my favorite cities when we were there 5 or 6 years ago--I can't imagine how much it's changed since then. Unfortunately I'll be working most of the time, but should at least have a few hours to walk around this afternoon/evening. Gretchen is intensely jealous because she would love a visit to Berlin, but it just wasn't realistic for her to tag along in her current state. So that just means we'll have to find time this fall to take the baby with us and see if we can get a cheap EasyJet flight there.

I'm actually on a self-imposed travel ban, but this is an important meeting and I figure I can get back relatively quickly from Berlin in an emergency (we've asked the baby to please wait until I get back). Otherwise, after this I'm sticking close to home and waiting for the big call...