Friday, May 19, 2006

It's that time again

After watching last year, there was no way Gretchen was going to miss this year's Eurovision song contest. Last night were the semi-finals, and while I only watched in passing, what I saw was deliciously bad. (If you go to the website and click on "Multimedia Lounge", you can be lucky enough to hear or see some of these artistic gems. No, really--I dare you.) While my heart is of course with Norway (who were already in the finals), based on what I saw last night I've gotta go with Lithuania. Not only did my mom live there and I once visited Vilnius, but their song is most excellent in an ironic sort of way. And I'm sure The Big Finn will be happy that the metal band from Finland are still in the running. The finals are Saturday night, and I have no doubt that it will be as wonderfully execrable as always...