Sunday, May 14, 2006

Schönen Muttertag

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! It occurred to me the other day that this will be the last Mother's Day of my life that I won't be a mother... although I suppose in some ways I already am a mother. The reality of what is to come hit me hard this morning as I just got the exciting news that 2 of the 6 women in our prenatal class gave birth in the past 2 days!

Yesterday, Kirk bought me a beautiful bouquet (OK, I actually picked it out because we were downtown together and he wanted me to choose one I liked) for Muttertag. Later in the day, our landlord (who lives upstairs) brought me a bouquet of Maiglockchen (May bells) that she picked from the garden "to celebrate the day of the mothers". Now our house is blooming with fresh flowers, which I love. Wow... I'm going to be a mother. I was blessed with a truly amazing Mom, who's life was unfortunately much too short, and I will be happy if I can be even half as loving and supportive of my daughter as she always was of me.