Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's snowing!




First of all, I hate this new blogger format. I don't know exactly what the changes are, but I know we have a new way of blogging and I haven't had Kirk explain it to me yet (he's the boss when it comes to all things blog-related). So... I can't figure out how to move these pictures within the post. Oh well, here's the text anyway. Hopefully you can figure out how I wanted it to be formatted.

This is what I woke up to this morning, and now, several hours later, it's still snowing! How ironic that the first snow of the season arrived on a day when Kirk is out of town, which means that I had the pleasure of bundling up Baby first thing this morning in order to talk Grady for a walk. Not that she seemed to mind. In fact, she was sort giggling. As usual, Grady was thrilled to see the snow. Most of all he likes to stop and eat it. Yum... tasty snow. I love snow, and I have to admit that it's absolutely beautiful today. But I've realized that navigating through the snow with a baby is not easy! This morning I opted for the Baby Bjorn, hoping I wouldn't lose my balance and slip on the snow (your center of gravity is a bit off when lugging 18+ pounds of baby on your front). Later in the day, we tested out the stroller's "snow tires" when we ventured out with a friend to our favorite neighborhood cafe for lunch. Note to self: this stroller does NOT do well in snow! Please take note of my giant Michelin Man jacket. It's the best for snow and cold. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kirk makes it home from Spain tonight as scheduled. He's connecting through Munich, which has also gotten a lot of snow, and I know there have been problems at the Basel airport today as well.