Thursday, August 28, 2008

Filling space

Gretchen and Mädchen are down in Florida this week with Gretchen's sister and kids. For some guys that might mean going out drinking with friends every night, but as much as I miss my girls, I actually cherish the quiet and am even more of a homebody (and, unfortunately, a workaholic) than usual when they're away. (Talk about good timing on their part: they arrived in Pensacola hours after Tropical Storm Fay came through, and they'll be leaving in time to avoid Gustav. Ah, the joys of unwillingly owning property in a hurricane zone...) That means I really have nothing new and interesting to say, but I'm also getting sick of seeing Usain Bolt's picture every time I bring up the blog so I wanted to have a new post to move it down.

So...ummm...

Well, it's good to see Americans aren't the only ugly travelers in the world. (Actually if you've ever traveled anywhere in Europe where discount airlines regularly fly from England, that won't necessarily be a big surprise.)

Oh, and I don't recall exactly how I first heard about them (probably here), but I'm kind of digging a band called The New Frontiers these days.

And I finally finished watching Generation Kill and give it a serious thumbs-up. No, make that TWO serious thumbs-up.

Sorry, that's all I got...