Sunday, June 12, 2005

Gifts for the queen

When we still lived in Washington, Kirk always brought me presents from his world travels. Nothing big, but always something I loved-- a unique necklace or bracelet, a special candle, a little box (I love little boxes made of all sorts of things), etc. He's always been so good at picking out gifts for me. Since moving to Basel, the gifts have dwindled, and for good reason. Sometimes I travel with him (which is the best gift of all), and other times he goes on really short trips (like to Frankfurt for a day or two) where he's learned that it's really not necessary to go shopping for me. Imagine my surprise, then, when he came home Friday night from Hong Kong and Tokyo bearing gifts! He got me a couple things from Kappabashidori in Tokyo (the street that sells all the restaurant stuff) which I love-- a cool dish and a little ceramic vase. But best of all, he got me an iPod Shuffle! It's so cute. It's no bigger than a pack of gum (like Juicy Fruit) and holds just 120 songs. I already have an iPod (the regular one), but he thought it would be nice if I had a little one to wear around my neck when I'm at the gym. It's perfect! It'll be especially good for the gym because I usually listen to the same 10 or so CDs while I'm there, so I can just load them all onto my iPod Shuffle for a perfect work-out mix. What did I do to deserve this?!