Friday, January 27, 2006

Skeleton

Whoever decided it would be a good idea to ride a sled, face first, at 110 km/hour down an icy bobsled track? Upon sitting down on the couch this afternoon for a little rest, I flipped on the TV and got sucked into watching live coverage of one of the World Cup Skeleton races on Eurosport (our version of ESPN... sort of). Seriously, these guys are crazy! I remember very clearly seriously injuring my face one time when I rode a sled face first down an icy hill outside Spring Harbor elementary (now middle) school in Madison. I was in 3rd grade, and I slipped off my sled during recess, therefore "sledding" down the rest of the hill on my face. Ouch. I had many, many cuts and scrapes, and it took a very long time to heal. You won't find me competing in any Skeleton race anytime soon.