Monday, January 23, 2006

My new favorite girl

I have a new girl to join the ranks with Gwen Stefani on my list of favorite chick singers-- Anastacia. Actually, for quite some time now, everytime she came on the radio or MTV Kirk would say "Hey, it's your girl", because I've always liked her music, but until now I haven't actually listened to a whole album. The Big Finn recently lent me her "Pieces of a Dream" CD, and now I can't stop listening to it! The amazing thing is that I can't figure out why she's never been a star in the US. She is American after all, right? Has anyone in the States ever heard of her? It's sort of like the Robbie Williams phenomenon (although I don't like him and he's not American).

Speaking of Gwen, I'm very excited to consider her my pregnancy buddy. I recently read that she's also pregnant and due this summer. I'll be interested to compare pictures of her growing pregnant belly to mine. Somehow I suspect they won't look quite the same. I guess that's what I get for not having abs like hers to start with. Oh well. I also heard that Angelina Jolie is having a baby this summer, but I'm not a fan of hers so she's not my pregnancy buddy.