Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A nice November day

I know we spend an inordinate amount of time and bandwidth griping about the weather here, but can I just note that people are wearing scarves and topcoats? On the last day of May? As of 11:00am the temperature was still in single digits centigrade (40s Fahrenheit), and Gretchen and Grady got caught walking in a hail storm yesterday. Just to make it more fun, it can be bright and sunny when you look out your window and decide to step out for some fresh air, but pouring rain by the time you get down the elevator and out the door. I'm happy for Gretchen that she doesn't have to deal with a heat wave (knock on wood) in her final weeks of pregnancy, but this is just wrong on so many levels...

[Oh, and I'm happy to report that one of the Brit-icisms that I have most definitely not adopted is saying "touch wood" instead of "knock on wood". For some reason I can't help laughing when I hear someone say "touch wood".]