Thursday, May 24, 2007

Clumsy oaf

I don't know if I can blame it on my allergies, the Bush administration, global warming, or a weakening housing market, but for some reason I've been even clumsier than usual lately (which is saying something since I'm a threat to injure myself on the best of days). To wit:

--While eating dinner with friends, I tried to pass something to Gretchen and knocked over her beer in the process. Minutes later I dropped lettuce while serving her salad, then when I tried to put dressing on her salad it spilled all over the floor instead.

--While walking upstairs at work to get a glass of water, I stumbled on a step. When trying to catch myself, I tripped on the next step and ended up sprawling on all fours (thankfully no one was there to witness it, and my glass wasn't yet filled so I didn't leave any evidence).

--When grabbing a City Paper out of a box on the way to the bus, my iPod headphones unwittingly got caught on the handle so when I closed it the headphones went flying out of my ears. I tried to play it cool, but since it was rush hour at a major intersection I'm guessing at least a few people had a good laugh on their evening commute.

--While waiting for the bus, I pulled a stack of papers out of my bag to read, only to drop them...just in time for a gust of wind to send them flying down the sidewalk. At least three people waiting in line helped me gather them up before they blew into the street.

--Tonight Gretchen offered me a bite of her couscous, and while handing the container back to her I inexplicably dumped it all over the dining room table.

Yep, I'm smoooooooooth like that...